Colour linocut, 1966. One in the series Nine London Monuments commissioned by Editions Alecto in 1966. The Palace of Westminster is, of course, where the two Houses of Parliament are located. The building was designed by Sir Charles Barry (1795-1860) and Augustus Welby Pugin (1812-52). Bawden perfectly captures the magnificence of the façade, and a lamp, perhaps symbolic of illumined debate, is centrally positioned within the print.